Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Apple Pie Cocktail

1 part Cinnamon infused vodka
1 part Caramel vodka
1 part Lemon infused vodka
3 parts apple cider



If I do say so myself, I make a mean apple pie. When people insist on me giving them the recipe, I generally leave out the secret ingredient, which is the juice of one lemon squeezed over the apples after they are peeled and sliced. The lemon juice makes the apples more tart and keeps them from turning brown.

I do not generally put vodka in my apple pie. Whiskey is better. But for the purposes of this cocktail, the lemon-infused vodka does the same thing that the lemon juice does in the pie. Most apple cider from the store is too sweet, and the lemon vodka brings back the tart flavor that brings this drink together. And the caramel vodka suggests tha flavor of the sugar that turns brown on the edge of the pie pan.

Works well with sweet or hard cider.

No comments: